Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Discovering Hope: Grading and Mindset in a Differentiated Classroom - Houston, TX, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post

Discovering Hope: Grading and Mindset in a Differentiated Classroom - Houston, TX, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post

I was reading this today and pondering my feelings about the concept of redos, retakes and do-overs. I think I have always been one who believed that learning took place with redos and do-overs, but this article pushed me to think a little differently. Do we learn more from our failures? ABSOLUTELY! But I never thought about assignments in that way.

I LOVE the concept of a growth mindset, not only for students but for teachers as well. I am going to take some time this weekend to watch Rick Wormeli's utube video.....my reaction coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment