Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's been a long time....

So, it has been a while since I have gotten on here and posted anything....but my recent time at AUTHORSPEAK has given me new energy to start blogging again. I thought I was busy?? You should meet the high energy, forward thinking, creative, passionate people I have been hanging out with for 3 days!!

Initially I wanted to attend Authorspeak because there were going to be 99 AMAZING authors/educators in one place. What I didn't know or expect, was to actually learn MORE from the other educators/participants I met. Seriously, these are people who, even while having a cocktail at the bar, are talking about teaching, learning, students, data, assessment, leadership, technology....you name it, they are talking about it. I am in "nerdy teacher" heaven.

So, here is the take-away. This blog is supposed to be about teachers finding balance. FOR ME, finding balance means making sure I am happy and satisfied in every aspect of my life. The last three days have affirmed a few things for me. I LOVE what I do. I love teaching, I love learning, and I love getting to meet people who share those same passions. I LOVE, and miss, my family. It is hard to leave my kids and my husband, for what ends up being most of a week, to leave town for a conference. But it provides a time for me to focus on my professional goals and passions without interruption, while being reminded of how lucky I am for all of the things I get to come home to. What was the last thing that YOU did to affirm "all is well" in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment